Thursday, July 4, 2013

Order My Day According to Your Will - Day Starter Prayers

THE LAMB CATHOLIC WORKER, Columbus - After years of searching and compiling several morning prayers into one daily routine, this whole list is a tried and true day starter set.  St. Theresa de Lisieux said that if you say your words painfully slowly, and mean each word, you are most rapidly put into the presence of God.  The first is from Jesus Himself.

Note: The words in brackets are additions or explanations of these mostly traditional prayers.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed [HOLY] be thy name [above all the earth].  Thy kingdom come, thy will [alone] be done on earth aaaaas it is in heaven [actions here identical to ours in heaven;His will of consistent and great love between people is for all times, everywhere, on earth, in heaven, etc]. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one [the literal translation].  For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and forever, amen.
 
[Mostly from Angel Gabriel:] Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with you.  Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.  Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, amen. 

O Jesus, through the immaculate heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, [thoughts, actions], and sufferings of this day [especially my sinfulness], in union with the holy Sacrifice of Mass throughout the world.  I offer them for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart: the salvation of souls, the reparation for sin, [prayers of my relatives and friends, and anything else that your Sacred Heart desires]. I offer them for [our bishops and all Apostles of prayer, particularly our Holy Father, Pope Francis - and all their intentions.]

ORDER MY DAY, LORD, ACCORDING TO YOUR WILL. When I go off Your path, put me back on it.  When I will not go back on, make the path come to me [Isaiah 6: 12-16].  When I will not put my feet down on that path through selfishness, stubborness, or pride, and mess everything up, pick up the pieces and still put them together according to your will.  Jesus, I trust in You.

Take Lord, receive, all my liberty, my memory, my intellect, and my entire will, all that I have and possess.  You have given all to me.  To you, Lord, I return it all. All is yours. Give me only your love and your grace and that is enough for me.
                                     [St. Ignatius of Loyola]